Makes 2 Servings - $1.90 per serving Show Detailed Pricing
- 1/3 pound fingerling potatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, grated lengthwise
- 4 eggs
- * 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 pinch dill (fresh), finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- In a medium size frying pan, sauté the potatoes in a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat until golden brown and soft enough to pierce with a fork, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate frying pan, sauté the zucchini in about a teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat until just softened, approximately 2 minutes, and remove from the pan.
- Beat the eggs with salt and pepper and the milk (optional) until well mixed and large bubbles appear. Set the pan over medium heat, add another teaspoon of oil to the pan and add half of the eggs, creating an even, thin layer; then add half the zucchini. With a spatula gently lift the edges of the cooking omelette and tilt the pan to allow uncooked egg to drift underneath for even cooking.
- Crumble the goat cheese on top just before done, and then fold the edges of the omelette over (into thirds) using the spatula and remove from heat.
- Prepare the second omelette in the same way, keeping the first one warm in a very low-heat oven. Add salt and pepper to taste, serve with fresh dill on top and potatoes on the side.
Shortcut: sauté the zucchini in a larger skillet and instead of removing it, pour all the beaten eggs on top of the vegetable. Cook as above and cut the omelette in half before serving.