Makes 2 Servings - 92¢ per serving Show Detailed Pricing
- 2 strips of bacon
- 2 large tortillas (use corn tortillas for gluten-free)
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese (or monterey jack cheese), shredded
- 2 teaspoons scallions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salsa
- 2 teaspoons sour cream
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Cook the bacon until crisp, pat excess oil dry and cut it into bite-size pieces.
- In a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium heat, place a tortilla and lay half of the cheese, bacon, and scallions over one half of the tortilla, leaving one half of the tortilla without toppings. Cook for 2 minutes, then fold the bare half over the fillings. Continue cooking until the tortilla turns golden brown and slightly crispy, flipping once, at about 5 minutes. Repeat with the second tortilla, using the remaining cheese, bacon and scallion.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream and garnish with extra scallion.
Note: extra cheese can be frozen for another use—rather than molding away in the fridge.
I love bacon.
My only recommendation: double the Bacon! But I think bacon makes EVERYTHING better. Great recipe.
I took these to an appetizer party. Everyone loved them.