| Lunch & Light Dishes
A luscious combination of creamy cheese and slightly crisp pear slices grilled in a pan makes for a marvelous lunch. The red fruit jam (strawberry or raspberry will do) adds a touch of sweetness that complements the rich notes in the brie. A fancy foodie treat for a great price!
Makes 2 Servings
- $1.36 per serving
Show Detailed Pricing
slices of brie cheese, cut into 1/4" thick slices
slices of bread
pear (firm), sliced thinly, core removed
red fruit jam
oil (or butter)
- pinches of salt and pepper
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
- Place the brie, divided, on two slices of bread and layer the pear slices on top.
- Spread a teaspoonful of a red-fruit jam over the pear slices and season with salt and pepper. Place two remaining slices of bread on top to close the sandwiches.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil (or butter) until it shimmers (or the butter gently bubbles), and place the sandwiches in the pan. Lower heat to medium and grill about 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown on one side. With a spatula, flip the sandwiches and grill another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is slightly melted around the pear.
- Remove from the pan and cut the panini into halves. Serve warm.
Review our Brie Panini with Fresh Pear and Red Fruit Jam:
Thanks for your reviewing this recipe! We are looking over your comments and will post as many as possible.
Ms B. on 4/7/2018
Yummy, melty, gooey, crunchy combination - fast preparation - Tastes great cooked in butter - I served it with your salad made with feta, mint, romaine, tomatoes.
Judy E. on 2/2/2018
Tasty, super easy to make. Grilled cheese are one of my go-to lunches, so it's exciting to find a new and different take on the grilled cheese that's still cheap. Yum.
Mandy F. on 1/23/2018
I love Brie!
Jason H. on 1/19/2018
I would love to see more ideas like this one. Simple tricks for making a classic go to dish like a grill cheese something special...
Daniela K. on 1/18/2018
A delicious and good looking dish! It is such a nice update to a classic grilled cheese. The entire family liked it, from toddlers to grown ups it was a big hit.
Michael M. on 1/18/2018
Amazing recipe! Our family loved it! Amazing price for what you end up with!