Brie Panini with Fresh Pear and Red Fruit Jam
A luscious combination of creamy cheese and slightly crisp pear slices grilled in a pan makes for a marvelous lunch. The red fruit jam (strawberry or raspberry will do) adds a touch of sweetness that complements the rich notes in the brie. A fancy foodie treat for a great price!
Makes 2 Servings
- $1.36 per serving
Show Detailed Pricing
slices of brie cheese, cut into 1/4" thick slices
slices of bread
pear (firm), sliced thinly, core removed
red fruit jam
oil (or butter)
- pinches of salt and pepper
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
- Place the brie, divided, on two slices of bread and layer the pear slices on top.
- Spread a teaspoonful of a red-fruit jam over the pear slices and season with salt and pepper. Place two remaining slices of bread on top to close the sandwiches.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil (or butter) until it shimmers (or the butter gently bubbles), and place the sandwiches in the pan. Lower heat to medium and grill about 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown on one side. With a spatula, flip the sandwiches and grill another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is slightly melted around the pear.
- Remove from the pan and cut the panini into halves. Serve warm.